Come get your hands dirty in Masbiekers Valley by planting trees, making art, clearing alien invasives and more. If you’re too busy or far away donations are always welcome! You can also support our project by buying an owl box, sponsoring a worker, adopting a tree or gifting indigenous trees.
It’s easy to make a difference and every little bit counts!
COME GET INVOLVED IN MASBIEKERS VALLEY:
- Adopt a mini spot in the forest to make your own special place in the woods (plant indigenous trees, make artworks, clear invasives etc)
- Plant indigenous trees & shrubs (seedlings or seeds depending on the season)
- Get creative and make an outdoor artwork
- Make paths, steps or some benches out of tree stumps
- Work up a sweat clearing alien invasive plants
- Help make a compost heap for mulch
- Join a clean up (less frequently needed these days)
PRESSED FOR TIME OR TOO FAR AWAY TO GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY?
1) Make a Donation towards the running costs of the 2019 MVP Environmental Art Competition
Make a donation towards the Environmental Sculpture Competition open to high school students in Swellendam. There is much to be done still so any donations towards running costs and expenses such as workshops, travel stipends for judges and facilitators, materials, trees etc would be greatly appreciated and put to good use.
2) Adopt a Tree
Donate R150 to plant a tree in the valley. You can even pick your species from the indigenous plants in our growing nursery (including endemic species).
3) Sponsor labour (by the day)
Give an unskilled, unemployed local a day’s salary to help us in the valley – once, once a week or once a month… We need help clearing biomass, digging holes for trees, cutting down alien invasive species, making paths, building artworks etc etc etc).
Buy an eagle owl or barn owl box for your property or sponsor one for a good spot in nature.